My name’s Peter Bloomfield and this is my CV/resume and portfolio website.
Previously, I was the Senior Software Engineer at Vertual Ltd. I was helping develop virtual reality training and visualisation software for radiotherapy cancer treatment. Most of my work involved C++ programming which I thoroughly enjoyed. It also involved 3d graphics and maths, as well as some embedded programming, large quantities of patient data, and much more.
- PHP + Laravel, Composer
- SQL (MySQL / MariaDB)
- Version control (Git / Subversion)
- Agile software development (Scrum)
Hobbies & interests
Aside from programming various projects in my free time, my interests include reading, making music, playing games (computer or table-top), tinkering with electronics, karate, and even some arts and crafts. In addition to all that, I’m also writing up a doctoral thesis in computing (educational technology and HCI) at the University of the West of Scotland.
- Avid Insight – my technical blog
- Lycius Moment – my music (and other creative stuff) blog
- Pete and Caz – not really started yet, but hoping to blog about arts, crafts and cookery with my lovely wife